The Truth About Amelia's Administration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Armageddon, Horrific, Zealots, Glossing Over, Destroying, Risking Friendships, Limiting Taxes

Before you read this let me explain something. My family has lived in Amelia 43 years. I do not belong to any organization in Amelia. I was not on the CAC. You could assume that I have taken sides in this issue and in a manner of speaking I have but not because I wanted to because I felt I was given no choice. When I received the RAMIFICATIONS letter of August 11th, 2008 it downright made me mad. In my humble opinion it was filled with so many falsehoods, deceptions and "glossing overs" I decided to investigate further and what I soon discovered was simply unblievable to me. I decided that the TRUTH needed to be told to my fellow Amelias and I decided to start a website to express my opinions and the facts that I uncovered. You are reading one of my opinions here.

I do not represent the Dissolve Amelia Now group or any other group. The cost of this comes out of my family's pocket and it has been expensive. No one on the dissolve side has given me one red cent and I would not accept it anyway. I am only interested in the TRUTH and I am trying my very best to be honorable about my actions during this dispute. I do not believe that my opponents are living up to these standards.

Now we have a group on the side of the Administration. The leader of the group is a member of the Amelia Recreation Commission so he is part of the administration. I have no problem with that at all, He has started an organization he calls Save Our Village. He states on page one of the article that they will be "pushing out the hard facts about what the dissolution of the village means". I honestly hope they do because it will insure us victory in May! But I am trying to find some facts in what was stated in the article and I can't seem to find any. The are a lot of opionions, mights, kind ofs, could bes, I don't thinks, guesses, and the like but not many at all that I can tie to Wainscott.

I am not going to be joining that group either. You see as long as I am an independent person I answer to no one except my own conscience. I can call the leadership of Dissolve Amelia Now and say "thas not exactly what happened" or "your information is incorrect" and hope they will either SHOW me that I am wrong or fix the problem. I have only had to do this once since last September when I first met them but they did agree with my assesment and corrected the problem. I have contacted the village many times to no lasting avail.

I have deliberately inserted the dictionary definition of certain words that were used in the article to illustrate to you what I mean by "attempt to intimidate". I am not a zealot, Amelia is not Armageddon, we are not trying to destroy anything, we do not gloss over anything, and there is nothing horrific about anything we do! As you read this dialog I hope you will see how utterly rediculous it sounds if you use what these words mean.

THEY ONLY USE THEM IN AN ATTEMPT TO INTIMIDATE!

The above appeared in Cincinnati.Com on February 17th, 2008. It sounds to me like it came right out of the Administration building and was created by the same people responsible for the threat letter of August 11th, 2008.

I don't actually know any of my colleagues, or anyone else for that matter with the exception of the Amelia Village Administration, who actually want to ruin any structures, ruin any organic existences or ruin the condition of anything. Nor do I know any anyone on the dissolve Amelia side of this issue that wants to put out of existence as in KILL (destroy an injured horse), NEUTRALIZE (the moon destroys the light of the stars), or ANNIHILATE, VANQUISH (armies had been crippled but not destroyed.)

The use of "destroy" is simply a poor choice of words unless you are trying to intimidate or mislead someone. A tactic that the current administration uses quite frequently.

I am not sure about residents being at odds with the best way of limiting taxes is to dissolve(destroy was stated) the village but the FACT of the matter is that the ONLY way to insure that an earnings tax is not imposed on us it to dissolve the village. Townships cannot impose taxes by Ohio law. Currently we have some control because if they want money for certain things they have to put them on a levy and we at least get to vote on it. An income tax dosen't require a vote once imposed or voted in and therefore we will have lost yet another right of choice. So if some of the residents are at odds they simply do not know the truth of it!

Not only that but in order to manage the income tax they would have to create another department to handle the tax and would have authority to investigate and audit us just like the IRS. Imagine this! Menz would be in charge of this department! More people, more costs, less freedom of choice!

But don't miss the point! THE ONLY WAY TO INSURE THAT WE WILL NOT HAVE INCOME/EARNINGS TAX IN AMELIA IS TO DISSOLVE THE VILLAGE!

Now if friendships are at risk just because there is no longer a sign on 125 with the word Amelia on it I would suggest that friendship is just another poor choice of words. After 43 years here I have a ton of friends and even some KIN that live in Amelia! I don't expect to lose a single friendship no matter what happens! And should it happen, which I think to be extremely unlikely, those who choose to not call me friend were not my friend in the first place.

Now I think what I need to say next is what we are doing which has nothing to do with "destroying" anything.

What we are trying to do is exersize our rights under ORC 703.20. These are our rights.

703.20 Surrender of corporate power by villages.

Villages may surrender their corporate powers upon the petition to the legislative authority of the village of at least forty per cent of the electors thereof, to be determined by the number voting at the last regular municipal election, and by an affirmative vote of a majority of such electors at a special election, which shall be provided for by the legislative authority, and conducted, canvassed, and the result certified and made known as at regular municipal elections. If the result of the election is in favor of such surrender, the village clerk shall certify the result to the secretary of state and the county recorder, who shall record it in their respective offices, and thereupon the corporate powers of such village shall cease.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953

You may not like it and if so take it up with the State of Ohio and have it changed. Now this Code does not have a single reference to "destroy" nor do 703.201 or 703.21. These are the basic codes that define our rights and your rights. Now if you read them they use the word "surrender" not "destroy" to describe what we are tyring to accomplish.

I do not know a single member of a fanatical sect arising in Judea during the first century A.D. and militantly opposing the Roman domination of Palestine nor do I know any zealous person; especially a firm adherent to a party , faction, cause, or person; especially one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance or a member of a body of detached light troops making forays and harassing an enemy or a member of a guerrilla band operating within enemy lines.

So I don't really know who Wainscott is talking about when he says a "few zealots" but I do suppose they could exist. If they do they are awful quiet because until now I haven't heard a peep out of any zealots at all.

But I realize he can't be talking about those who want to exercise our rights as citizens of Ohio because the adjective to descibe the zealots is "few". Those of us on the petition drive gathered up over 500 valid signatures to put the vote on the ballot. We left about 130 on the table of folks who had signed the earlier petition. Even not counting those left on the table to put this in its proper perspective when Ellington ran for mayor he was elected by 267 votes. If you want to use the word few then use it where it fits.

If anyone is guility of masking the true nature of or giving a deceptively attractive appearance to things it certainly is not the dissolve Amelia group! And if anyone in this so-called "battle between good and evil" has dealt with subjects or problems too lightly or not at all it is certainly not us! Glossing over belongs to the Village Administration!

If by exercising our rights we have in any way inspired horror : repulsive, horrible, or dismal quality or character in anyones lives I assure you that it was not my intention. I cannot speak for others on this matter. I can also tell you that I have not calculated to inspire feelings of dread or horror as in BLOODCURDLING. I do agree with you that the real Armageddon may well be horrific and I am certainly not looking forward to it when it happens. But to call the exercising of people's rights a "horrific Armageddon" is flat out rediculous even by the lowest of standards.

Has the name of Amelia been changed to the site of a final and conclusive battle between the forces of good and evil? The signs still says Amelia. Or perhaps the reference is to the time of a final and conclusive battle between the forces of good and evil. That certainly dosen't apply because that would mean if we didn't dissolve Amelia the whole world would be wiped out. That is assuming those who are trying to condemn us for exercising our rights are evil. I certainly don't know anyone in Amelia that I would consider evil in the biblical sense but if they want to call themselves evil it is certainly within their rights.

PLEASE LISTEN: This was not meant to be funny or sarcastic! The use of the dictionary definitions in this dialog was an attempt the show you how distorted people can make things look! Just like the threat(RAMIFICATIONS) letter of August 11th, 2008.

This article on Cincinnati.Com is just another cheap attempt to have you believe that we are a few zealots trying to destroy something, risking our friendships, glossing over what we tell people, and that we are bringing a horrific Armageddon to and or in Amelia. Come on!

What I hope you do after you read this is to go back to Home on the website and read it all. Then send me a feedback on whether or not you think anything that has been said in trash that Wainscott presented to you is accurate and true!

I would also advise you to look at the Dissolve Amelia website and the Citizens Advisory Committee report and see if their rhetoric contains any of the utter nonsense you had to put up with in the Cincinnati.Com article. I believe you will see a big difference in the character of reporting!

One thing for sure. We will never have to read junk like this ever again if we dissolve the village!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)