The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Remove Ellington And Wainscot, Fire Menz!

My Pappy told me one time he said "Son just do what's right and let the chips fall where they may!" This letter should speak for itself, it's right and it's the chips, let's see where they fall! It is in the mail box now!

03/13/2009

Laura A. Abrams, Esq.
   Partner
   Sirkin, Pinales & Schwartz LLP
   Suite 920
   105 West Fourth Street
   Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

Laura:

I have pretty much had it with this Administration. Every time we get more public records we find more lies and deceptions. Recently we discovered that Administrator Menz told Council Member Rosser that he should deceive the residents of Sedona Woods. This was uncovered in an email to Mr. Rosser from Mr. Menz. A copy of this email was sent to Mayor Ellington. We are currently trying to determine whether Mr. Rosser did deceive the residents. We are also trying to find out if Mayor Ellington did anything to stop this unlawful act or whether he went along for the ride.

Lies of public officials usually derive from the desire for secrecy, to “cover up” some event or fact, or to manipulate public opinion for some political purpose. It is often to avoid being discovered in the worst possible light. Often a rational is offered that is nobler and higher than mere selfish political ends, such as, “decision based on outcries from village residents” or “RAMIFICATIONS OF DISSOLVING AMELIA VILLAGE” is used to deceive the residents of Amelia.

The previous paragraph provides an extremely accurate description of this Village’s Administration. The number of times that residents of Amelia have been lied to and deceived is overwhelming! And not just by the Mayor and the Administrator but I would include all of the Council who were in power before, during and after the ramifications letter of August 11th, 2008 is overwhelming.

These lies and deceptions are at the least a conflict of interest to all parties who not only speak and write them but also by those who knowingly support them such as Council for the most part.

I also believe that legal action should be taken against the Village for sending the “RAMIFICATIONS OF DISSOLVING AMELIA VILLAGE” letter of August 11th, 2008. It was filled with lies and deceptions and was used as nothing more than an effort to manipulate public opinion and to avoid being seen in the worst possible light as well as creating fear and doubt concerning the issue of dissolving the Village in the November election. This to me smacks of “electoral fraud”! Although technically the term 'electoral fraud' covers only those acts which are specifically illegal, the term is sometimes used to describe acts which, although legal, are considered to be morally unacceptable, outside the spirit of electoral laws or in violation of the principles of democracy. This describes the letter perfectly. To make matters worse they used Village funds to lie to us. That is abominable and just has to fall under the definition of corruption somewhere!

The method by which Mr. Menz became our Administrator is a classic case of Cronyism. Cronyism is an act of political corruption as well as being a Conflict of Interest. This also needs legal remedy!

We recently uncovered what we consider to be a breach of contract with the Union Township Fire Department. This was formulated from public records and I have asked you to do something about it. The statistics that I provided you were for the year of 2008 but this has been going on since the opening of Station 52 according to my sources. If the Administrator or anyone else involved in the Administration knew about this and did nothing charges should be filed against them. If they didn’t know then they are simply guilty of negligence. I do not know if negligence can be legally remedied but at the least who ever was involved from the Village Administration should be discharged for not properly managing the highest cost contract for which the Village currently is responsible.

Those in power have brought our Village government to a point of disgrace! They have divided the citizenry of this community and they have shown support for an organization who is headed by an individual, John Wainscott, who actually asked Police Chief Sucher if it was legal to “point a gun” at someone to remove him from his property. A threat to public safety still supported by the Village Administration. This is outrageous!

I know that it within the power of the State of Ohio to dissolve a Village. I do not know the exact process but I am working on it. I also do not know how to obtain legal remedies for the situations I have described above but I believe that someone in one of the levels of our government must be able to help me. Perhaps the County Prosecutor, I don’t know but I intend to find out

In the meantime since I am asking for the dismissal of both Mayor Ellington and the firing of Administrator Menz there is no one in authority to which I can send this letter. Both Ellington and Menz would be in a conflict of interest so I am sending it to you. Perhaps you could see to it that it is placed in the proper hands.

I submit the following in summary:

Lying and or deceiving the residents to Amelia.

Mr. Menz Suggested that Rosser lie and/or deceive the residents of Amelia. Mr. Menz should be fired immediately. If it was an illegal act he should be charged.

If Mr. Rosser did indeed lie to his constituents he should be dismissed from Council immediately. If it was an illegal act he should be charged.

If Mr. Ellington did nothing to prevent Mr. Menz and Mr. Rosser from deceiving and lying to the residents he should be immediately removed as mayor. If it was an illegal act he should be charged.

These issues are not speculation they are based on Public Records.

Ramifications letter of August 11th, 2008

Electoral Fraud in the sense that technically the term 'electoral fraud' covers only those acts which are specifically illegal, the term is sometimes used to describe acts which, although legal, are considered to be morally unacceptable, outside the spirit of electoral laws or in violation of the principles of democracy.

The act of lying and deceiving the residents of Amelia is morally unacceptable, outside the spirit of electoral laws or in violation of the principles of democracy.

The act of lying and deceiving the residents of Amelia as a method of changing the results of an election is morally unacceptable.

Mr. Menz endorsed and may have drafted some of the August 11th, 2008 letter. Mr. Menz should be fired immediately.

Mayor Ellington endorsed and may have drafted some of the August 11th, 2008 letter. Mayor Ellington signed the letter. Mayor Ellington should be removed from office Immediately.

Union Fire/EMS Department breach of contract.

Whether or not this represents a situation that has a legal remedy or not it is a reasonable expectation by those who read contract that Station 52 should be staffed by a minimum of 4 personnel 24/7. The gross negligence concerning the facts that the Union Township Fire/EMS department did not staff Station 52 with 4 personnel 24/7 is simply not acceptable.

I believe Mr. Menz has this responsibility and he should therefore be fired immediately.

Giving false information to the Amelia Business Association, creating an atmosphere of the fear of guns being pointed at people within the village, the overall use of violent expressions in newspaper articles, emails and public records requests, and the scandalous name calling being disgracefully and continually used.

John Wainscott should be immediately removed from his position on the Park Commission and a public announcement retracting any Village support of him and his organization should be presented.

There are more cases of lies and deceits, too many to get into them all. If the remedies that I have asked for are taken then I will no longer have to continue this investigation. If not I will continue to expand the list until such time as some authority takes over and shuts the Village down.

John M Toren

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)