The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

What Is Electoral Fraud?

The first thing I want to say to you is that I am not a genius and most if not all of the definitions I come up with are taken mostly from encyclopedias. I read these descriptions a lot of times from many sources and extract the ones that are clear enough to make my point. So don't be giving me any credit for how I describe a lot of things. Course you can give me credit fro being able to read, thank you!

This is one of the definitions of Electoral Froud I found.

"Electoral fraud is illegal interference with the process of an election. Acts of fraud tend to involve affecting vote counts to bring about a desired election outcome, whether by increasing the vote share of the favored candidate, depressing the vote share of the rival candidates, or both. Exactly what constitutes electoral fraud under law varies from country to country; methods which are illegal in one country may not be in another. Many kinds of voter fraud are outlawed in specific electoral legislation, but others are in violation of more general laws such as those banning assault, harrassment or libel. Although technically the term 'electoral fraud' covers only those acts which are specifically illegal, the term is sometimes used to describe acts which, although legal, are considered to be morally unacceptable, outside the spirit of electoral laws or in violation of the principles of democracy. Show elections, in which only one candidate has a real chance of winning, are sometimes considered to be electoral fraud although they may comply fully with local laws."

I think if you included all decision making that was voted on such as the vote to dissolve Amelia, instead of just limiting the law to canidates, there would be no doubt that the August 11th, 2008 threat letter would be considered electoral fraud.

I cannot tell you if the letter was illegal or not. But I can say with absolute cetainity that it fits the segment of the description above, " Although technically the term 'electoral fraud' covers only those acts which are specifically illegal, the term is sometimes used to describe acts which, although legal, are considered to be morally unacceptable, outside the spirit of electoral laws or in violation of the principles of democracy.", EXACTLY!

That is why I refer to the threat(aka ramifications) letter of August 11th, 2008 as being Electoral Fraud.

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)