The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

READ THIS AND TELL ME YOU STILL WANT THIS VILLAGE!!!
PART I

The contract with the Union Township Fire Department calls for a 4 man staff 24/7 at Station 52 on Bach-Buxton Road. There are records directly from Union Township that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the staffing is way below 4, Click here for the whole story.

I took issue with this because from the time I saw the station go up to the time I started investigating all the lies and deceptions that were pouring out of 44 W Main I thought that the Bach-Buxton station was going to be primarily for service to Amelia! After all did we not pass an enormous levy to get this station and these services. How many people would have voted for that levy had they known that it would not be fully staffed!!!

I tell you what I think, I THINK NONE!!! We would have had a contract with BMOP, a new Fire Station down on Olive Branch and none of these lies and deception!!!

But you know what makes it sickening! I'm researching as best as I can how they can possibly get out of this. And sure as the sun will shine today I am starting to find stuff that they can use. The first thing we will probably be hit with is as follows:

"While the contract represents the agreement of the parties at the time it was signed, and that agreement may provide that no amendments are enforceable unless in writing, the parties are free to change their minds later on. So long as the parties are in agreement on a change, that change becomes part of the revised agreement. If the parties agree that an amendment does not have to be in writing, and proceed to conduct themselves in a way that shows that to be the case, the later agreement may supersede the earlier written document."

Since I am not a lawyer I usually use the internet to find legal stuff and I found this from Google using "oral amendments to contracts". Look for yourself by clicking here.

ORAL AGREEMENTS!

Think about this for one minute and when you realize that our millions of dollars contract may not be as contract because one of the powers to be in the Village Administration has orally agreed with Union Township to reduce the staffing levels of our multi million dollar fire station which really does not belong to us!!!

If we can find out that this really did happen we should demand the dismissal of any and all personnel involved in such activities!

What do we have to do now??? Every contract we make needs a clause that says "no amendments are enforceable unless in writing" - ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

YOU STILL WANT THIS VILLAGE? Let's get rid of it NOW!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)