The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

READ THIS AND TELL ME YOU STILL WANT THIS VILLAGE!!!
PART II
Updated 03/29/2009

I am sick and tired of hearing that we will be without Fire and EMS protection!!! This is shallow threat after threat after threat. I decided to directly ask the Fire Chiefs of both Batavia Township and Pierce Township the question about this issue. Now I had to be careful because both Townships are taking the high road and are doing ther best not to get involved in the issue one way or the other. So I asked "if we dissolve the village of Amelia tomorrow would we as residents of your township receive Fire/EMS services?"

Chief Boggs of Pierce Township asked me to put this question in an email and he would respond as soon as possible. He was currently busy with a construction project. I have submitted the email and as soon as I get a response I will post it.

Chief Riley of Batavia township was able to give me the following answer over the phone:

"When we receive official notice that the Village of Amelia has been dissolved you, as Batavia Township residents, will receive Fire/EMS services from Batavia Township."

I strongly expect a similar answer from Pierce Township because it makes perfect sense that residents of any township would all receive the same benefits! It is hard to imagine that if you called 911 and you told them you were at 27 W Main Street they would say in return "Sorry but even though you live in Batavia Township you used to live in Amelia so tough tacos buddy"

This is what Ellington wrote in this mornings edition of Cincinnati.com:

"I have come to the conclusion that the ... group, by making such a request, obviously does not have the best interest of village residents at heart," Ellington said.

Ellington can't read either. It wasn't a group it was Pam Barker, a resident of Amelia. If anyone is to blame it is me! I calculated the statistics about staffing from their own public records and in addition I verified that Station 52 was normally staffed by 2 people and it was ASSISTANT FIRE CHIEF AUFFART WHO VERIFIED THIS BY PHONE! Ellington knows this. I sent the same request as Pam did only I didn't use a lawyer to do it. It was in layman's terms!
Click here to see it."

He continues...

"This particular correspondence could have potentially put our residents at physical risk,"

A typical Ellington answer! He should have been in politics! He makes a statement that smears someone's reputation without even telling you what it is that he is talking about!!!

If your as sick and tired of this drivel as I am demand Ellington's dismissal! It's easy just click here for your easy to use form!

Better yet! Show up on May 5th and vote YES on issue 1. No more drivel or income tax forever!!!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)