The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Accountability, As Far As I Can Tell It Doesn't Exist In A Village!

I guess we can start with the debt. I have been trying for months just to get all the contracts so I could calculate the debt myself. I put this request in sometime in February and it is now April and I still do not have the contract from Duke Energy or the Medical Insurance! I asked who was responsible for keeping track of the debt and I was told no one was specifically assigned! This is old news if you have been a reader of this web site.

I had heard that the State Auditors were actually at the Village for some 6 weeks doing the audit and that seemed rather excessive to me since in my opinion they really don't have all that much to do so I decided to request a copy of the Auditor's report for fiscal 2008 as well as whatever expense reviews that they should have for Andrew PArker, Ellington and Mr. Menz.

Now before you read the information I received from them please sit down and try to stay as calm as possilble! Below is the answer I received:

I cannot believe what I am reading!!!

It's 2009 and we still don't have the State Auditors report for 2006-2007 and we probably won't get the 2008 report until sometime in 2010!

That alone is enough for me to vote YES on Issue 1! They also told me that they have no review for the expenses of Parker, Ellington and Menz. I don't want to hear about Ordinances passed and all that other malarky I want to see the checks written out to these people. I want to see credit card receipts for things they spend money on while using the Village Credit cards. I want to see a review of all expenditures for all the employees now that I know they don't even bother to have spending reviews!

If you are willing to wait 4 years for your State Auditor's report then you are getting what you deserve! I am not willing to do so and I hope most of the rest of Amelia agrees with me and votes YES on Issue 1 so we don't have to worry about who is spending our money and what they are spending it on!!!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)