The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Clermont County's Special Response Team, Good To Have Such A Powerful Service

There are a lot of things I didn't realize that already existed to serve us not only in Amelia but the local Townships as well. I guess we are too busy tooting our own horns to pay much attention to the County Services. The Special Response Team (SRT) is a perfect example at least for me because I had never heard of this service.

The Sheriff’s Office SRT is tasked with the responsibility of responding to critical, life-threatening incidents within Clermont County. Examples of SRT operations include: Hostage situations or barricaded subjects, tracking fugitives, and high-risk search warrants. The team consists of officers specially trained in offensive tactics, negotiation, and marksmanship. The SRT also has state of the art weapons and equipment to allow the team to professionally and effectively discharge its duties. One SRT vehicle, a former ambulance, was donated to the Sheriff’s Office by the Union Township Trustees and was modified to meet the requirements of SRT operations. The other vehicle was donated to the Sheriff's Office by a Cincinnati based armored car company, and was painted and detailed by the students of U.S. Grant Vocational School in Bethel. Since its inception several years ago, the Sheriff’s Office SRT has successfully resolved several incidents without serious injury or loss of life to any citizens or officers.

I certainly hope that we never have to call on the SRT but it is very comforting to know that if we do have such a terrible emergency as described in their mission statement that we have the right people for the job at hand! Thank you Clermont County Sheriffs for your remarkable services.

Click on this line to visit the Clermont County Sheriff's Special Programs and see some more services provided that you probably didn't know about!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)