The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Back To The $600,000.00 Political Positioning Lie!

At the council meeting of March 15th, 2009 I decided to get try to get an answer to the public records request I had made in early February concerning the $600,000 debt that was #1 on the threat letter of August 11th, 2008. I have never received any reasonable answer about this deception! NEVER! I had been told a lot of things but no real proof! So I decided the only way to get the truth of it exposed was to make it public in the "public input" segment of the Council Meeting". I didn't realize how totally worthless this would be as far as getting it out to the public but that's another story.

So when it came to public input time I got up and asked the question about when I was going to receive an answer that I had requested a month before. Ellington as usual passed the question he didn't want to answer off to Solicitor Abrams. The first part of our 20 some odd minute discussion was that I had probably not asked the question in the right manner and therefore they were having a hard time responding. I then asked them how I should ask the question so that I could get an answer. Solicitor Abrams then told me to please not send in another public records request. My response was something to the effect of how could I get an answer?

Next thing I know is that we are now debating if we had the debt or not! Solicitor Abrams kept insisting that we did and I kept insisting that we didn't! I told her that I knew what debt was and the very worst case was that we only owed them for September through December depending on how we paid them. Andrew Parker stated that we paid them monthly so that simply verified what I had said! I also brought up the point that we had enough levy income to pay the Rumpke contract for the most of 2009! We had no debt! This went back and forth until Solicitor Abrams finally to me that the contract was "automatically renewable" and therefore we had the debt! Now I have this 20 some odd minutes on digital recording so if you don't believe me I can play it for you!

They all, Ellington, Solicitor Abrams and the council members present last November, must have forgotten that they had to pass an Ordinance, O-2008-69, to continue the Rumpke Contract! This makes me wonder exactly what does "automatic renewal" means! If they don't pass this ordinance Rumpke will just automatically continue with a renewal contract and it will be business as usual. Fact is we were operating on a 1 year extension not a 3 year contract! And that folks does not add up to $600,000.00!!! Even the number of years was a lie!!! Look for yourself just below!

It gets worse! Look below for the 2009 deal:

Is this an automatic renewal contract? If it is you could fool me into buying a bridge somewhere!!! It says

"NEW THREE YEAR"

Can anyone tell me how this could possibly be construed as a automatic renewal? Of course you can't because it isn't! Pay special attention to the date and who on council signed off on this contract!

So now let's look at the actual contract for 2009:

Notice on November 3rd, 2008 Ellington, Solicitor Abrams, Derrick Campbell, Mitchell, Parker, Rosser and Pam Troxell all should have known that the debt at this point couldn't possibly be more that what the liquidated damages were! WORST CASE! But the fact is that they all knew that the $600,000.00 Rumpke Debt was Ellington and company's grand "political positioning"! The only way possible would be if the council members hadn't read the threat letter! Let me take a line out of Solicitor Abram's latest quote on Cincinnati.Com! "I can't imagine" that any of the council members didn't bother to read the Ramifications (threat) letter!

It's April 5th and I still don't have an answer! But one thing I want to point out to everybody concerned is that the contract for 2009 has a limited damages section which at the time would have limited our liability to around $50,000 which is a long way from $600,000 and if Ellington, Solicitor Abrams and the council knew they could do this they are all as guilty of this $600,000 falsehood as Ellington and Menz who signed the threat letter because they "SAID NOTHING!!!!!"

And you know what really bugs me? They all had to know it during the discussion I was having with Solicitor Abrams and not a single one of them had guts enough to say "wait a minute, we just passed the Rumpke Contract with a limited damages clause so it really wasn't fair to state that we had a $600,000.00 debt in our letter of August 11th! Not if we knew that we could change it!"

NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM!

Nobody needs a government like this! NOBODY! Let's send them where they belong! Vote YES on Issue one and they will be gone from our pocketbooks forever as will the income/earnings tax!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)