The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Ellington Requests A Meeting With Pam Barker - The Outcome!

My colleagues tell me at the last council meeting that Ellington wants a debate. Mitchell tried to force Pam Barker into a decision probably in a similar manner that he used to intimidate the lady at the hair salon last year. It didn’t work with Pam. Even his insulting manner had no affect on Pam as she told him again in no uncertain terms that she would have to discuss it with her whole team! Apparently he has a hard time understanding how civil people operate.

I find the fact that Ellington now wants a debate to be hypocritical to say the least! In essence we have been debating Ellington, the council, and the administrator for over a year and have received no satisfaction what so ever. We have spent hundreds of dollars or our own money to acquire public records, print flyers, pay for websites and pay flyer delivery people to help us spread the truth about this inept group of people we call the Village Administration! I personally have spent at least 1,600 hours of my own time doing research and updating this website in order to provide my friends and neighbors the facts about this administration and where they have brought us! I shudder to think how many total hours all the folks I know who are involved in the dissolution process have spent but it has to be a massive amount.

WE HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING MORE THAN POLITICAL POSITIONING, DECEPTIONS AND FALSEHOODS WITH VERY FEW REAL ANSWERS OR EXPLAINATIONS!

We still have no good explanation about things like the $600,000 Rumpke debt lie or why they lied in the newspapers about the mystical 3.7 million dollar completely made up debt and on and on and on. And now Ellington thinks he can answer a years worth of unanswered questions with a six question debate! That's flat out ridiculous! It smacks of hypocrisy as well. Let me give you an example of what I mean!

After the end of the first December council meeting last year I was walking out the door and I thought Pam Barker was right behind me because I was talking to her or at least I thought I was talking to her, But when I turned around I saw her talking to Ellington. I waited out side to see what their parlay was all about and she told me that Ellington wanted to have a meeting with just himself, Derrick Campbell and her, no lawyers.

I told Pam that if I were her I would not do this by myself and I volunteered to go with her. Although I am not a member of her organization I probably have done as much if not more research than anyone involved and I thought I might be of assistance. In the least it would have been unlikely that they could have lied to her with me being present. We had finished our signature gathering, verified the names at the Board of Elections and were ready to submit them but had not done so yet. Our guess was that they wanted to talk about not submitting the petitions. We both were willing to talk! Pam had agreed to meet and was waiting for Ellington to contact her. We waited and waited and finally Pam received the following email:

With nothing to go on except experience in dealing with Ellington and his group I suspected that he was just trying to buy time and perhaps keep us waiting until it would have been too late to get the petitions on the ballot. Still we waited. Had it been up to me there would be no more waiting but Pam held out a little longer. When it became apparent that the meeting was not going to happen she submitted the petitions! There was no turning back at that point!

Some months later after getting hundreds of emails via public records requests I came across the following email:

My point here is that Ellington requested a meeting! What for is speculation but without lawyers and with Derrick Campbell to me it meant either trying to get Pam Barker to not submit the petitions or delaying tactics. Either way as you can tell from the email to Wainscott the meeting was not as important as it was to either give Wainscott an immediate meeting or one during or shortly after the holidays than it was to have a meeting with Pam Barker! A meeting that may well have made a difference in the outcome of this entire proceeding! You should also keep in mind that once the petitions were turned in there was no more talk of this meeting. That should be proof enough of Ellington's intentions.

We need to send them packing NOW! Vote YES on issue 1 and they will only be recorded in the history books! Oh, excuse me, according to the Village Historian who doesn't live in the Village, Amelia will fall into oblivian and no one or anything will be remembered! Ridiculous!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)