The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Income Tax Exposed, Mystery Of Ordinance O-2008-44 Solved!

Back on March 13th, 2008 I wrote an article about the mysterious disappearance and replacement of Ordinance O-2008-44. The title of this article was “1% Earnings Tax Passed On Ordinance O-2008-44?“ Click here to read.

It never ceases to amaze me how the administration has so many ways to hide things. If you have read the original story you will understand this. If it had not been for Mitchell's desire to stab EVERYBODY with a 1/2 percentage, even to those who already pay to some other municipality, we would have never seen the council's true feelings about the income tax.

O-2008-44 was the original ordinance for the income tax package. It had it's first reading on June 16th, 2008. You will not find it anywhere because it has been replaced by another ordinance; You see what happened was that they created the income tax ordinance, O-2008-44 and they had the first reading on June 16th, 2008. Just below is what it looked like on June 16th:

Now don't strain your eyes too much because that's it! I can't find any other reference! That dosen't mean there isn't one but if there is I can't find it! Next up is the second reading. See just below:

This is where Mitchell comes in. He just had to stab everybody that 1/2 percent. If he could have resisted this would have looked exactly like the first reading and we would not have been able to see their true feelings! But he did it and we can see it. Now let me point out a few things that have been important in my decision making process. First it was a 1% income tax. This meant they could have just passed it without a vote. Why wasn't it a 1.1% tax as Ellington tried to tell us later that we needed to put the vote on the ballot! Not a very good start to another Ellington tale!

WHY WASN'T IT 1.1% TO BEGIN WITH IF THEY HAD WANTED US TO HAVE A VOTE?

Well I'll tell you what I think. I think they wanted to pass the 1% tax just like, except for Campbell, they voted! I think that there was such an outcry about the income/earnings tax that it scared Ellington to the point that he decided the correct political position was to allow us to vote on it! So he changed the goal of council to the 1.1% and they. and I believe reluctently, provided us with the vote! Then when we showed up with an overwhelming number of signatures to put dissolving the Village on the ballot he saw the writing on the wall and removed it from the ballot.

I don't believe his remarks about the economy one iota! If he had been so concerned about the residents and what the income tax would do to them he should have been concerned

long before the November election,

long before the petitions were submitted

long before the threat letter of August 11th

and long before his so-called town meetings!

Was he? NO! That tells me that he also intended to get his tax by imposing it and council, except for Campbell, was ready and willing to do it as well!!! They are going to impose this tax whether we like it or not unless we dissolve this Village and make it go away forever! Vote YES on Issue 1 and make it happen!

Oh, almost forgot. They destroyed the original O-2008-44 as is their perogative and replaced the number with another Ordinance. They just made another of their many mistakes on the Village political positioning webslop and forgot to put the new O-2008-44 in the list of Ordinances. Probably because they wanted to make sure no one saw it but thanks to Mitchell we know what they were thinking!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)