The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Keep Amelia Web Site - Let's Add Some More To Our Rich History!

This is getting real old real quick. This horse manure is almost as bad as 44 W. Just slide past the stupidity of the first half and scroll down to the second half.

Second half.

"If Issue 1 should pass within weeks the Village of Amelia would be permaently dissolved along our Police Department, Fire/EMS, zoning, street lighting and much much more - not to mention over 100 years of our rich and proud history.".

Whew! Like listening to the Village. Actually I think it's worse that the Village. Outside of the Police Department and the rich and proud history every thing else is a lie. And then of course is the much much more that always seems to be added by propaganda writers to make it look much worse than it actually is. As far as the Police both Townships are ready to take over so we really don't lose anything. The tax payers just save close to $600,000 a year for duplicated services! What a bunch of liars!

As to our over 100 years of rich and proud history. Well the vast majority of residents don't even have a history here. The oldest subdivision is Quail Creek and it's only been around, what, about 25 years? As for the few of us who do have a history here it is mostly about our family and most other people who live here don't know a thing about it! The reality is that we don't have much of a history at all and if there is anything significant I've never heard of it. The only history I know about is the gold fish lakes because we almost bought that big house down in that area, the old CG&P railroad of which my grand father was the conductor, Congressman Kearns because of the street sign and I did meet and spend a day with his carriage driver a great many years ago. And that's about it. By the way Kearns was not even from Amelia!

The reality of this topic is that Amelia does not have a rich history. It has history to those who have lived here long enough to have history. What history that is recorded is local. If we dissolve Amelia are the liars who run this website going to burn the local books. Have a big bon fire and just burn everything that has the name Ameila in it. That is the ONLY WAY AMELIA WILL LOSE IT'S HISTORY!

I went to google and tried to find something about a rich and proud history. I spent many hours trying to find famous people, significant things that happened here, any history at all. I even had one of my sons help me! I finally just looked up Amelia Ohio. I went many pages deep and the words "Amelia History" on one of the links caught my eye. I was excited. I clicked the link (click this line to view) and low and behold the history of Amelia was on the screen! No where near a rich and proud history. Hardly a history at all!

To say to people "Save Amelia's rich history for future generations. Let's not end Amelia's history on May 5th." is downright ignorant. The dissolution of this Village just becomes part of the history of Amelia just like everything else. Just like it went from Milton to Milltown to Amelia. We still know about that don't we? The goldfish are gone and we still know about that don't we? I tried to look up the famous pension lawyer Elijah Penn and the first link in google was, well you already know that one but in case you don't just click the line in the previous paragraph.

We need to stop using this as an excuse to not dissolve this Village and try bring some dignity back to Amelia whose history will not disappear or discontinue. Unless the so-called historians write it off as being gone!

Let's add the dissolution to the history of Amelia! At least we will have something to be proud of. We stood up and got rid of a level of government that is worthless as well as ridding ourselves of the likes of those running it! Vote yes on Issue 1 and go home with your head held high!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)