The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Rumpke's New Contract - Good News But....

Well perhaps all this attention that we have been giving to our Village Council may be starting to pay a few dividends but no where near enough to stop our efforts to dissolve.

Our latest Rumpke Contract starting in 2009 has a liquated damages (click here for definition) clause in it that in effect reduces the amount of the debt to $52,591.86. Now folks don't get me wrong that is still a lot of money but it is a far cry from $600,000.00.

I sent these numbers to the Village Solicitor and asked her to verify them. She told me via a phone conversation that they are accurate based on the conditions such as number currently being served which as of this calculation was 1,413.

I have included an Excel spread sheet for those who are interested in seeing the calculations that I sent to the Village Solicitor. Just click on the title line and you should get the spread sheet.

Rumpke Calculations

Now if you ask me this is what should be in every contract that we sign if possible. Laura Abrams is certainly capable of making these kinds of deals as was proved in this contract.

Now don't start getting misty on me about this good news! There is a But..... side. I have been going round and round concerning the Rumpke debt in the threat letter of August 11th, 2008. I keep getting told that we did have this debt but I STILL DON'T BELIEVE IT! No one can give me the proof! I have made public records requests weeks ago and I still have NO ANSWERS! They tell me that perhaps the way I worded my request prevented them from being able to ascertain what I was looking for! I asked them to give me the wording so that I could submit a proper public request! They had no answer for me! They know what I want and they cannot give it to me! The last thing was that "the contract had a automatic renewal" so that meant we had a real debt of $600,000!!! I don't believe that either so today I will submit a public records request for all the Runpke contracts since 2000 and I will look for this automatic renewal and see what it says!!!

But.... In the meantime they added this "liquid damages" section the the contract. What did that help to prove? Simple! They could have done this at anytime and then the debt if it was automatically renewed would have been about 52 grand instead of $600,000!!! Sometimes a lie can be hidden under a cloud of mist as this one obviously was!!! I'll let you know what the contracts say when I get them!

In the meantime we don't have to live like this! We can dissolve this sick Village and never have to worry about "liquid damages" never, ever again!

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)