The Truth About Amelia's Adminstration, etc.

Dissolve Amelia website!

Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) Report

What Happened Last Year

Submit Feedback

Home

Keep Amelia Web Site - Lies, Mandates And Slander!

Behavior typical of the Ellington and the Village Administration. This information was taken from WHY IS ISSUE ONE ON THE BALLOT so if you want to view it just click this line but please come back for the truth. If you have the right setup you can just minimize it so that you can refer to it as you read the truth.

" Amelia was also facing an increased cost for waste collection services. The waste collection services levy had expired in 2007 and additional revenue was required to continue the waste collection contract. The three options the village had at the time were:

1) renew the waste services levy with an increase adjusted for inflation.
2) replace the waste collection property tax levy with a one-percent earnings tax. The elimination of the waste collection levy would decrease property taxes for all Amelia residents and businesses. This is especially beneficial to retirees on a fixed income. The waste collection property tax levy would have then been replaced with a state-minimum earnings tax. Earnings taxes do NOT tax Social Security benefits, pension income, investment income or unemployment benefits. In other words, this proposal would have reduced taxes on retirees and those unemployed. It is most unfortunate that the proponents of Issue One have misrepresented the tax consequences on those least able to afford taxes.
3) require residents to pay directly for their waste collection services (which is the method used in Batavia Township) However, this third option would not resolve the problem of paying Amelia’s mandated $3 to $5 million share of Main Street improvements."

First off ODOT hasn't mandated anything. They began a Safety Study of SR125 due to a high accident rate in downtown Amelia where traffic control is non existent. This information is covered already in an earlier article. Please click here to view. The facts are that ODOT had nothing to do with the improvements they are talking about. ODOT does not mandate things like tree lanes, new streets out of their jurisdiction, parkways, new buildings and all the things that the village is planning to do in the downtown area as well as most of SR125 from Lori lane to down about where Quail Creek is. So the 3 to 5 million dollars is a huge lie! The other reason I know this is because I have all of ODOT's communications with the Village. For example ODOT's estimate cost for what they consider the best plan is $2,315,087. There are 4 different plans pretty close together and the highest was $2,272,414. The amount between what ODOT estimated and the 5 million was what the Administration was going to spent on "Main Street Improvements" and had absolutely nothing to do with an ODOT mandate! NOTHING!

If you just want to look at what the capital improvements plan is going to cost. Just click here to see that one. The cost of the road improvements is $2,875,000 and is seen on the second half Phase 1, 2 and 3. A massive lie! And by the way the total debt to Amelia on that capital improvements project is over nine million dollars. So the $2.875,000 is chicken feed to the sum of the whole project! Try that for debt!

As far as "It is most unfortunate that the proponents of Issue One have misrepresented the tax consequences on those least able to afford taxes." this is not only a lie but a slanderous lie. Not only are these people liars they are cowards as well. I am one of the proponents they are talking about and I tell you now I did not misrepresent anything to anybody. I also know most if not all of the petition gatherers and I do not believe they did anything like this either! This is just a cheap, unfounded, slanderous accusation and is a lie in the worst sense! There is no honor among the people displaying this kind of garbage. Where is the proof of this? I'll tell you the same thing I told the Village when they said that they had received emails telling him that the petitioners had lied, all 2 of them! You give me proof of anyone on our side of this issue and I will got after them myself!!! I tried to contact the people who sent these emails and I received nothing! I received nothing from the Village either. I make you cowardly liars the same offer! Just send me a verifiable feedback with the proof, and I don't mean hearsay I mean names and email addressees or phone numbers, and you and I will be on the same team on this issue and I will retract the word coward from this paragraph!!!

Lastly they refer to Batavia paying directly for waste services as if it was the end of the world! Batavia Township happens to have the cheapest Tax Structure of any of the Townships. A $100,000 house would be taxed $1,490.36 in Batavia Township and $1,706.91 for Amelia! A $150,000 house would be taxed at $2,235.54 in Batavia Township and $2,560.36 In Amelia! This is according to the County Auditor, not me, not Dissolve Amelia and not the liars who wrote the garbage on this sick website.

Submit Feedback
 It would be wise to edit your text in a .txt work file and then copy and paste it into the form text box. You could lose it if you forget to include the required fields or have some sort of blocking software that will not allow you to post to this form.

Your name may be used but your email address will not be published.
Your Name (required)

Your Email:

Your Feedback Text (required)